Yesterday wasn’t as emotional as I initially thought it was going to be. I made a conscious decision, after tearing up a couple of times during the Macy’s Day Parade, that I was going to focus on the good things about being single instead of the fact that I am alone.
Here are ten advantages about my life right now being alone and single. (Keep in mind I would give any and all of them up to share my life with that special someone.)
1. I can listen to my favorite music in the car, as loud as I want, and sing along with my tone-deaf voice.
2. I can watch my favorite Christmas movies over and over whenever I want.
3. I can hang my wet clothes on the shower rod in the bathroom to dry without worrying about someone else needing to take a shower.
4. I can get up when I want and go to bed when I want.
5. I can make whatever I want for dinner.
6. I don’t have to worry about someone else’s schedule conflicting with mine.
7. I make decisions based on my life no one else’s.
8. I can keep the house as warm or cold as I want to.
9. I don’t have to wait for anyone else to be ready to go somewhere.
10. I can nap in the afternoon if I want to.
Today I’m grateful for:
1. It’s a nice sunny day out.
2. I had a nice Thanksgiving with my mom and sister.
3. There’s a Garth Brooks special on tv tonight.