Dr. Ehrig will be so very pleased, I finally did my bloodwork. I think it’s been three or four years he’s been after me to get it done. Yes, I said three or four years.

I always hated having bloodwork done, but when the aneurysms were found I grew to despise it because I was constantly having it done along with what seemed like a million other tests and my veins got weak and tired as did I. My veins always did roll but it got worse when all that was going on it was like they were hiding. It didn’t matter if I drank a gallon of water they weren’t coming out. I would have two or three techs trying to get the blood and I would be so stressed that my pain level would elevate to astronomical levels.

The other part of putting it off was the twelve-hour fasting. When I’m waking up at 4:00 am after sleeping maybe three or four hours I can’t wait until the place opens to take my pain meds and I have to eat to take my pain meds or they tear my stomach up.

Then add to all that, I usually feel light-headed and dizzy for the rest of the day and have to stay close to the bed or couch. So I have to make sure my schedule is clear of everything for that day.

Seems like it might be easier to find a needle in a haystack than to find a good day for me to do bloodwork. I almost thought today was going to be a bust too when I woke up to pee at 4:30 am. Usually I can’t go back to sleep, but I said, “Lord, please I promised Dr. Ehrig it would be done before my next visit and I see him Monday, so please help me.” And miracles of miracles I fell back to sleep until 7:30 am. I ignored the pain, got dressed, started the car, fed the cat, brushed my teeth, washed my face and out the door I went. Thankfully the lab is right across the street. The woman who took my blood was great she got it first try. Then after the delight of peeing in a cup I was on my way back home for breakfast and my much-needed pain meds.

I’m feeling a little light-headed right now so I know I probably won’t be able to get to the grocery store like I need to, but I’m really glad my bloodwork is finally done.

Just seems like the past few years there’s been a lot going on with my home and storm damage and my mom’s health so it’s been really hard to get anything done with this irritating chronic pain. Plus I really don’t want to know. I never did call the gynecologists office back about the biopsy. Dr. Ehrig said it looked ok so when the gynecologists office called and told me it was important that I call them back I really didn’t want to know so I figured I’ll see her on March 4th and I will find out then. Part of me would like an end to all this physical pain and depression, and then there’s that darn will to live – it just never gives in or gives up.

Today I’m thankful for:

1. My bloodwork is finally done.

2. I was able to sleep a little. Thank you Lord.

3. The will to live one more day.



Filed under Uncategorized

2 responses to “Bloodwork

  1. Debbie Bitzer

    Linda how are you doing? I’m concerned about you. I have clinical depression and I hear it in your blogs. Do you take anything for it? Talk to anyone? You should call one of the councilors at church if you don’t already have one. Please! I love you and your worrying me.

    • Thanks for your concern. I’m just being really transparent about my reality of my long term chronic pain and now menopause. I’m working with my Dr to find something for the depression. My allergies are making it very difficult and it may not happen. As for counseling I can’t even pay my bills so I certainly can’t afford counseling. And my insurance doesn’t cover that at all. So this blog is my therapy. Letting others know they’re not suffering alone.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s